After leaving his first post-college job as a commercial banker and 10-years working for a variety of commercial real estate firms handling development, general brokerage, leasing and outparcel sales, Matt struck out on his own to establish a full-service commercial real estate firm whose foundation is built on high integrity and excellent client service. Matt founded Sterling Properties Group, Inc. in March 2007.
Matt’s unique background in commercial real estate finance, brokerage, development and site selection includes the following roles:
- Wachovia Bank of North Carolina (Charlotte, NC)–Corporate Banker and Commercial Mortgage Lender. (1991-1996)
- Phoenix Investment Company/Snow & Wall Realtors (Murfreesboro, TN) –development and leasing/sales for regional retail shopping centers in Tennessee. (1996-1998)
- C-3 Investments, Inc. (Portland, OR)—site selection and acquisition for the development of Rite Aid stores in multiple OR markets. (1998-2000)
- Panattoni Development Company—(Durham, NC) –Project Manager–oversaw the development and leasing for major distribution warehouse developments in RTP area. (2000-2002)
- Cambridge Properties, Inc.—(Charlotte, NC) VP Development and Leasing—helped develop multiple grocery-anchored shopping centers, handled shop leasing and outparcel sales. (2002-2007)
- Langley Property Company—(Charlotte, NC) VP Development—assessed development opportunities in Southeast Region. (2007)
- Sterling Properties Group, Inc.—(Charlotte, NC) Owner and Broker-in-Charge (2007-Present)
Matt is currently licensed in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. His professional affiliations include The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Charlotte Regional Commercial Board of Realtors (CRCBR) and the Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors (ACBR).
A Memphis, Tennessee native, he holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He is a parishioner of Myers Park United Methodist Church and enjoys outdoor activities and reading.
Barb has been a licensed real estate professional in North Carolina since 2001, working both in office management and executive administration for commercial firms in Charlotte and as a practicing residential broker at coastal Carolina. Working with many of Charlotte’s finest commercial brokers including now with Sterling Properties Group, she has acquired a wealth of real estate services knowledge and experience and thoroughly enjoys the responsibilities and relationships provided by her chosen profession.
Originally from Minnesota, business ownership has taken Barb to Wisconsin, Florida and North Carolina. She holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Education from St. Cloud State University. A member of St. Mark Catholic Church, Barb’s volunteer activities include the “After the Boxes” Ministry, Prosperity Village Land Use Committee and The Paula Takacs Foundation for Sarcoma Research.